Sunday, August 03, 2008

GOD SPEAKS

Today, the rain did not stop pouring in Quezon City, the city in the Philippines where I live. God spoke to me through the changing shades and temperature of our surroundings. The weather here shifts quickly. This week, there were days when our mornings were very gloomy while the afternoon skies were bright. Then, evening comes and the rain pours again. We had something like this picture which I just downloaded from Google images.

"Long ago God spoke to the fathers by the prophets at different times and in different ways. In these days, He has spoken to us by His Son." Hebrews 1:1
God actively speaks. Through this picture, I was reminded of God's love etched in almost anything He and His Son has created even before mankind was born. God speaks in many ways that is why the Holy Spirit's guidance is crucial. I need for Him to make me sensitive both to His written and unwritten words. Jesus through the Bible, God's body, prayer and circumstances are all being used by God to speak to me. He speaks. He communes with me. And, I must stop. I must listen.

4 chimed in:

Denise said...

This was a beautiful post sweetie.

aleli umali said...

finally, the sun is up! thank God! :D

aleli umali said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Heart of Rachel said...

Hi! Sorry for getting back to you so late. I've been down with flu and I missed a week of blogging. I'm back and doing much better now.

That's a lovely photo. It's amazing how God shows us wonderful signs along the way.

Post a Comment

Smudge some colour on my post. Share your thoughts!
God bless you!