Saturday, August 16, 2008

Then Sings My Soul Saturdays: IF I COULD

My daughter ST met an accident early morning of last Sunday, the day we were to dedicate our baby boy ZT. The memory is still fresh. This week, there were moments when I battled with regret... if only I was there until she dozed off that tragedy would have not happened. Here's a song from Barbara Streisand that bears the exact words that my heart would like to sing for my children.

I am not the Almighty, Omniscient One, but sometimes I am tempted to want to be the super-mama who would like to protect them 24/7. Ah, if I could, I would take away the lump from ST's forehead, bear all the pain from the bumps, and all the pricking from the injections. If I could...

But, I am only human. I have to accept that they are not mine to keep, just a loan of love from Above. I can never be there for them always. So, here is my song for ST and ZT. Mama loves you very much. Please click here to watch the video.

If I Could

If I could
I'd protect you from the sadness in your eyes
give you courage in a world of compromise
Yes I would, If I could
I would teach you all the
things I've never learned
and I'd help you cross the
bridges that I've burned
Yes I would, If I could
I would try to shield your
innocence from time
but the part of life I
gave you isn't mine
I've watched you grow
so I could let you go
If I could I would help you make it
through the hungry years
but I know that I can
never cry your tears
But I would, If I could
If I live in a time and
place where you don't
want to be
you don't have to walk
along this road with me
my yesterday won't have to be your way
If I knew
how I'd try to change the
world I brought you to
and there isn't very much that I can do
but I would
If I could, if I could
I would try to shield your
innocence from time
but that part of life I
gave you isn't mine
I watched you grow so I could let you go
If, if I could
I would help you make it
through those hungry years
but I know that I can
never cry your tears
but I would
If I could, yes I would
Yes I would, if I could.


More details here on what happened to my daughter ST.
For more inspirational posts, visit Amy Wyatt of Signs, Miracles and Wonders.

0 chimed in:

Post a Comment

Smudge some colour on my post. Share your thoughts!
God bless you!