Friday, July 25, 2008

Providential Resources Attending Your Every Request

Chelsey, one of my new spiritual teachers on the net shared about the book her husband is reading to their children in the evenings entitled, “The Sword the Ring and the Parchment” The Terrestria Chronicles by Ed Dunlap. The "Thankful Thursday" is hosted by Sting My Heart.
Today, I’d like to share with you another portion of this wonderful series. Again, we’ll join the story in progress, but you’ll pick it up quick!

As Josiah watched, Sir Faithful lifted a small parchment from the book. Written across the top of the parchment in bold script were the letters “P-R-A-Y-E-R.”

The young prince stared at it. “What is that?”

“As a child of the King, “Sir Faithful replied, “you have the right to send a petition to his majesty at any time. Let me show you how to do it.”

“Sire, what is P-R-A-Y-E-R?” Josiah interrupted, pointing to the letters at the top of the parchment.

“Providential Resources Attending Your Every Request.” The old man replied. “Any time you wish to send a message or request to your King, simply write it on this petition, and it will be delivered immediately to His Majesty at the Golden City.”

Josiah was puzzled. “How?”

Sir Faithful smiled. “I’ll show you. Is there a message that you would like to send to His Majesty right now?”

Josiah’s face lit up with delight. “There certainly is!” He thought for a moment. “I’d like to thank him for setting me free from Argamore and from my chains, and I’d like to thank him for adopting me into his family.”

The old man handed him the parchment and a quill pen. “Then why not send the message to him right now?”

The young prince took the parchment and began to write… He looked up at Sir Faithful. “There. I just hope the King Emmanuel can read my writing.”

The old man smiled. “He will understand you perfectly. Send it to him.”

“How do I do that, sire?”

“Roll the parchment up and then release it, “ Sir Faithful replied… “Just open your hand my prince and see what happens.”
Josiah did, and to his astonishment, the tightly rolled parchment shot from his hand and disappeared over the castle wall faster than an arrow from a longbow. He stared after it. “What happened to it?”

“Your petition is now in the hand so of His Majesty,” Sir Faithful answered, his eyes twinkling with amusement at the look of astonishment on Josiah’s face. “He has received it already.”

The idea was almost more than the young prince could comprehend. “You mean that the parchment has already reached the Golden city?”…
If you find this story interesting, I invite you to read further by clicking here. God's wonderful gift of prayer is for everybody especially for us mothers whose lives are dedicated in building the values system of our children unto fear of God and righteousness. Prayer is one legacy we can leave to them. My personal prayer is for every Christian mom to be champions of prayer.CH

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. " 1 Thess.16-18

1 chimed in:

christine said...

thanks for sharing this. i think it's time for me to introduce christian story books to my 20mo. old. :)

Post a Comment

Smudge some colour on my post. Share your thoughts!
God bless you!