Thursday, July 10, 2008

DOES O.T. REALLY PAY?

MP has been coming home really late since he arrived from Japan last month. I have to admit that OT or Over Time work is not something a housewife would like to hear over the phone from a husband who reports to her in the middle of the day. My husband is a very responsible person and one who is committed to excellence. I understand when he says the work is not yet done and that he has to extend few minutes (which actually means "hours") to complete his day's list of tasks.

My children really enjoy weekends with him because apart from weekday, he is really full of energy for new tricks and tiring dance moves. He is my ST's fave dance partner in cha-cha, waltz, ballet and "silly" dancing. Sometimes, I wish he has 3 days off for us.

Does OT really pay? When he comes home past 11pm, tired, and sometimes hungry, I get anxious because I know his day is not yet done. ST does not sleep unless she talks few minutes with her Papa. The little boy ZT, on the other hand, wakes up at around 1am for his early morning milk, and another between 5 to 6am for another doze. In both times, he wakes up to either keep the baby from rolling or to simply shush the baby to sleep. After that, the boy climbs up to him and starts to slap his face, his arms or if he gets unfortunate, his butt.

MP can't resist our kids' call for attention though he could, and that is why I can't help but feel pity and anxiety for the minimal rest he gets versus his long waking, working hours, plus travel hours. I know I have to be grateful for the provisions we get out of his hardwork. I also know for a fact that it is his joy to provide for the family. But there are times when I really want him out of his job even though our family's comfort will be at stake. It is a sad reality that a paying job like that will always demand so much from a loving provider like our Papa.CH

3 chimed in:

ling sharene said...

Transferred Comment from
http://coloredheart.blogspot.com


"he is really very hardworking, my brother! i'm glad that even though he's so busy, your little family is still so close-knit :-) i'm praying for you all! hugggggg!"
Posted: Fri Jul 11, 02:29:00 PM 2008

clay4HIM said...

Transferred Comment from
http://coloredheart.blogspot.com

"tears in my eyes; what can i say? excellence above all is demanded of me not by my superiors, but by the One who thought of me above all..."
Posted:Sat Jul 12, 01:15:00 AM 2008

Reflexes said...

Transferred Comment from
http://coloredheart.blogspot.com

"same situation here mare...OT + Trips :( just pray that he'd always be healthy and strong for you and the kids."
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 03:43:00 PM 2008

Post a Comment

Smudge some colour on my post. Share your thoughts!
God bless you!