Tuesday, July 22, 2008

BLOGGER, INTRODUCING "MYSELF"

Before I became a Blogger blogger, I was first an active Multiply and Friendster user. That is where I learned about the wide, WIDE web of blogging. And everytime I "bloghop" or visit a site whether in Blogger or wherever, I make it a point to peep into the prepared write-up of the blogger about himself/herself before clicking the x box. I really find it amusing how each of them wrote about themselves the way they wanted to be known by their readers. This is a blogger's privilege: to be known by no other means than to be read on the blog. Safe!

Often, a site's author describes himself/herself based on his/her civil status, occupation, important relationships, recent life changes, hobbies, etc. Some start by stating what his/her blogsite is all about. Notice how these experienced writers have carefully chosen their words to hook their intended audience, and hopefully make the difference or the"traffic" they so desire in their choice communities or forums. What is a writer without a reader?

However, there are those who have chosen to post their fave quotes of wisdom, Bible verses, anecdotes, poems, songs, or simply pictures that for them describe them best. Here are some of my blogmates' profile which I have fondly read... and remembered. See, I remember!

***
"When someone hurts us we should write it down in sand, where winds of forgiveness can erase it away. But, when someone does something good for us, we must engrave it in stone where no wind can erase it." -Aleli's Site
***
LOVE IS MY RELIGION...
1 CORINTHIANS 13:13 "These three things continue forever: Faith, Hope, and Love. And the greatest of these is Love." - Faith, Hope and Love
***
journey with me...
...where windmills turn.. and images freeze.... -bangkang papel
***
Song: Trust His Heart - jsharene
***
I want to leave a legacy
How will they remember me?
Did I choose to love? Did I point to You enough
To make a mark on things?
I want to leave an offering
A child of mercy and grace who
blessed your name unapologetically
And leave that kind of legacy
I don't have to look too far or too long awhile
To make a lengthly list of all that I enjoy
It's an accumulating trinket and a treasure pile
Where moth and rust, thieves and such will soon enough destroy
Not well traveled, not well read, not well-to-do or well bred
Just want to hear instead, "Well Done" good and faithful one...
- The Woman At The Well
***
THANK GOD, THERE IS GOD
My life is not my own
It all belongs to you
-View From The Ivory Tower
***
"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today" (James Dean)
-Dream Is Music and Life is the Dance
***
WISDOM IS THE RIGHT USE OF KNOWLEDGE. TO KNOW IS NOT TO BE WISE. MANY MEN KNOW A GREAT DEAL, AND ARE ALL THE GREATER FOOLS FOR IT. THERE IS NO FOOL SO GREAT AS A KNOWING FOOL. BUT TO KNOW HOW TO USE KNOWLEDGE IS WISDOM. (Charles Spurgeon)
-to listen in an effort
***
"When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man I put childish ways behind me." (1 Corinthians 13:11)
-Another Chapter Begins
***
PSALM 49:4
"I fine-tuned my ear to the sayings of the wise,
I solve life's riddle with the help of a harp." ~

***
"My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be..." (Holy Bible)
-Lemuel's site
***
For every beauty there is an eye somewhere to see it.
For every truth there is an ear somewhere to hear it.
For every love there is a heart somewhere to receive it. (Ivan Panin)
-Tambay Ka Muna
***
"I believe in God like I believe in the sun. Not just because i see it, but because I can see everything else" (C.S. Lewis)
-Masie's Site
to be continued...CH

1 chimed in:

Ritchiela said...

I am one of those who never captivate audiences(aside from my friends hehe),that's why I am glad that you commented in two of my posts...thank you very much!

And with the poll;
I feel it hard to decide on which topic to choose...pwede lahat?haha

Post a Comment

Smudge some colour on my post. Share your thoughts!
God bless you!